Sunday, August 17, 2008

Make Me Real








I found You one day


on the tip of my tongue


on the fine hairs


of the back of my hands,


on the margin


of what can be heard and seen.





"Make Me real" You said.


"Make Me your love."




And I did.





I pulled You into me


through the flesh of my words,


through the subtle channels


of every hair on my body.


I consumed You like air.


Drank You like wine.





No scripture has written of this


but each moment


my spirit composes You.





You enter through the endless


doors and windows of being.


Sometimes You come through


the dancing molecules of self,


sometimes just as light


through a crumbling wall.





"Make Me Real" You said.


Each day our poetry


surfaces above


the skin of the world


as real as any sunrise.